Friday, January 18, 2008

This country boy's gone metro

Day 12 - 18/01/08

It's been almost two weeks since I've been here and it seems like a week. What I miss the most in America besides family and friends: my tahoe, American FDA approved meat, Wal Mart, free text-messaging, and being lazy. haha

It's gotta be good for me to be away from all those things for a while though. I'm staring to understand why Mississippi is the fattest state in the fattest Nation. Not only is the food so dang good and fattening, we don't have to walk anywhere! I've prob. lost 10 lbs since I've gotten here.

Today was a pretty neat day. I got up about an hour before the sun came up and walked to the center of the city. I watched the city come to life as everyone was going to work and the sun began to reveal a beautiful city. I also ate breakfast at McDonalds which was a big plus! But anyways, here are a few pictures I took this morning and then some other random pics.

Photobucket
That building I love right as the sun was coming up
Photobucket
My favorite alleyway in the entire city
Photobucket
British phone booth
Photobucket
My personal American Embassy
Photobucket
The building right by my dorm that screams Hogwarts (the school on Harry Potter)
Photobucket
The Golf Course that Lee and I discovered on Google Earth. It's right behind my dorm, but surrounded by a barbed wire fence
Photobucket
The big rock/mountain that is right by the golf course and my dorm
Photobucket
Me and two of the Ole Miss girls going to the club
Photobucket
On the dancefloor

2 comments:

Lee, Shea, Luke and Charlie said...

great pictures, and I can't believe you got up before the sun came up!! that one building does look so much like Hogwarts!! I can't wait to see you and all the neat stuff there soon!!

Gini said...

shea has been telling me all about your trip. i know she can't wait to get over there to take it all in with you! great photos!