Thursday, January 24, 2008

Almost 3 Weeks

It's almost been 3 weeks since I arrived. It has been amazing, but my classes are starting to get a little harder. Not only do I have lectures every day; we also have weekly tutorials in every class where you meet in small groups with the professor and discuss and ask questions (usually reading is required for the classes). All in all, classes up here are a good bit more difficult. But it's definitely worth it to get to live in a city like this for 5 months!
It snowed most of the day today and had to walk to my early tutorial in a snow storm! Sounds cool, but it was almost 2 miles in the snow uphill! no joke! haha Check it out on the map below.

Photobucket

as you can see, I def. get to do some walking every day! haha.. It doesn't bother me though with all the great scenery that I walk through.



So today after my classes I went to the...

Photobucket

Royal Mile!

and I saw...

Photobucket

The Castle

Photobucket

and

Photobucket

Some famous guy and his wife who got greeted with a bagpipe player and many quilted men

Photobucket

again...

Photobucket

The View from one side of the Castle


Photobucket

The Royal Mile as seen from the Castle

Photobucket


Saved the best for last!

1 comment:

Lee, Shea, Luke and Charlie said...

GREAT pictures, i am glad you got someone to take a picture of you in front of the castle!! i can't wait to see it myself. good luck in all your classes